Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Pursuing another record...

Oh, I do like to set myself these arbitrary little challenges!!


Last week, being in the throes of moving and thus with my apartment (both my apartments: for four or five days I had overlapping leases to facilitate the move) so full of boxes of packed possessions that I could barely even see the TV (and had packed away all of the DVDs I might have wanted to watch, anyway).... and so, I found myself heading out to a bar every evening.

My typical first (and often only) stop was, of course, my beloved 12 Square Metres. And this Sunday, I was thinking to myself that I'd now been in every single night for 7 straight days. But then I recalled that on the previous Wednesday I'd gone to "The Pakistani" with The Choirboy, preparatory to attending the Koryo Tours 'Winter Party' at Tun... and had then gone to a friend's birthday gathering at Jianghu... and had then gone for a late nightcap at Amilal... but had entirely missed out poor old 12 Square that evening.

So, if I'm going to set that every-night-for-a-week record, I really have to go back there for the next two nights as well....

Oh well, it's not as if it's any great hardship!


No comments: