Friday, June 25, 2010

How not to do it (World Cup edition)

My neighbourhood Mexican joint Amigo (which, for painful personal reasons, I always think of as Montezuma's) is running a 'special' for the World Cup: they're offering a 20% discount on all their drinks.


Hmm. The problem with this is that, prior to the World Cup, they were running an all-evening 'happy hour' promotion (on 3 or 4 nights of the week, anyway) where all drinks were 50% off. So, in effect, they've put their prices up for the World Cup.


And it's not as if they've got a TV for people to watch the games on anyway.



I was going to go there the other evening, but when I reflected on the fact of this small but irritating World Cup price gouge, I became so irritated at them that I decided to eat elsewhere.

No comments: